Jobs Opportunity In Cox’s Bazar : Looking for a Youth Conservation Corps Trainer`
Cox Gazette | Coxs Desk August 28, 2021, 03:56 PM
USAID Bangladesh and the United States Forest Service International Program (USFS) /IP entered into an inter-agency partnership with USAID Bangladesh to implement the Community Partnerships to Strengthen Sustainable Development (Compass) program. Compass program address natural resource management challenges in Bangladesh through establishing a Youth Conservation Corps (YCC), strengthening community capacity and promoting public participation, providing direct technical support to Bangladesh Forest Department, and strengthening the capacity of academic and research institutions in natural resource management and resilience. The Compass Program is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to be the full-time ‘Youth Conservation Corps Trainer’ based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The Youth Conservation Corps Trainer (YCC Trainer) will provide expert measures to youth outreach, youth engagement, onboarding, and training facilitation. Youth leadership, entrepreneurship, environmental stewardship, technical skills, and employability are the focus of the training program. The YCC Trainer will also be responsible for strategic planning, implementation, managing community actions, field exposer, and alumni network facilitation.
The US Forest Service mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the nation's forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations. As a division of the Office of the Chief of U.S. Forest Service, the U.S. Forest Service Office of International Programs (USFS/IP) works in over 90 countries, to promote sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation internationally. By linking the skills of the field-based staff of the U.S. Forest Service with partners overseas, the agency can address the world’s most critical forestry issues and concerns. USFS/IP collaborates with local and international non-governmental organizations, universities, and host country governments. We also collaborate with other U.S. government agencies, including the U.S. Agency for International Development and the U.S. Department of State. Internationally, programs focus on building institutional relationships between our agency and our in-country partners, enabling continuous collaboration over the long-term.
In collaboration with USAID Bangladesh, USFS/IP has been working in Bangladesh since 2009 and has developed longstanding partnerships in Bangladesh by providing need-based capacity building technical assistance in support of national-level capacity for forest management and monitoring. The Compass program will build on this work and expand to new thematic areas and geographic regions. In this context currently Compass collaborates with local and international non-governmental organizations, universities, and Bangladesh Forest Department (BFD).
B. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
26 August 2021
|Application Closing Date:
||06 September 2021
|Number of Positions:
||Youth Conservation Corps Trainer
|Level of Efforts:
|Period of Performance:
||Initially 1 Year; with the possibility of extension
||Based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh with regular travel to field sites
|Expected Starting Date:
||15 October 2020
The Youth Conservation Corps Trainer (YCC Trainer) will be a full-time position to function the leadership roles in practice, by examples, and through trainings. The position will provide expert measures to youth outreach, youth engagement, onboarding, and training facilitation. Youth leadership, entrepreneurship, environmental stewardship, technical skills, and employability are the focus of the training program. The YCC Trainer also will be responsible for strategic planning, implementation, managing community actions, field exposer, and alumni network facilitation. The YCC Trainer will report to Youth Conservation Corps Advisor (YCC Advisor) under Compass program of the United States Forest Service International Program (USFS) /IP, Bangladesh.
The Youth Conservation Corps engages Bangladeshi youths in natural resource management to build technical and soft skills while instilling environmental stewardship and creating employment opportunities. The goal of the Youth Conservation Corps is to measurably improve employment among at-risk youths through workplace readiness skills development for both soft and technical skills.
The ‘Youth Conservation Corps Trainer’ will support the program with duties and responsibilities including, but not be limited to, the following:
Training Management (90%)
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate interactive, experiential training, workshops and activities for YCC.
- Develop and design training curriculum, module, session plan and facilitation training on the area of youth leadership, entrepreneurship, environmental stewardship, skills and employability development.
- Conduct training need assessments for youth, partners and develop training programs.
- Coordinate and support the team from the trainee selection stage to alumni network follow up.
- Coordinate in the extra curriculum activities such as community activism, exposure trip and day observations with the youth participants and partner organizations.
- Ensure the day-to-day activity implementation of YCC training following the daily routine, micro plan and schedules.
- Oversee the resource person mapping for the different courses and sessions.
- Outreach, mobilize and onboard the external trainers from partner organizations and individual networks.
- Develop ToT and trainer orientation plan, module and facilitate the ToT with the external trainers.
- Coordinate and communicate with the trainers, guest lecturer and link them with the training and different YCC activities.
- Facilitate different indoor and outdoor activities and exercises following the daily routine as instructor.
- Ensure safe and healthy residential training environment by following organizational standards, rules and regulations.
- Design and conducts virtual training if needed during the lockdown of Covid-19 situation.
- Manage and monitor training evaluation process as well as reporting.
- Laying good examples by demonstrating the skills that are being taught.
- Critically examin the trainees’ understanding and progress and making necessary adjustments to the program.
- Review and update training curriculum, modules, training records and participants database both manually and digitally.
- Identify the needs of trainers for training such as learning materials and equipment and ensure the supports.
- Initiate the requirements of logistical needs and ensure the procurements in collaboration with operation team.
- Work for branding, visibility and communication materials and message development for the YCC training and community activities.
- Oversee the organizational rules, regulations, guidelines and code of conduct at the training venue.
- Support to identify and manage the partnership for the YCC program in collaboration with YCC Advisor.
- Support to consultation and outreach in institutional internships and mentorship for employment opportunities to youth.
- Support to monitor the plan, activities, progress and capture the lesson learn from the YCC program.
- Collect and review attendance, datasheet, evaluation and other data related documents of the program.
- Maintain necessary documentation/ files, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
- Carry out any other related responsibilities as assigned by the office.
Program Management (10%)
- Represent and promote YCC activities and Compass in different forums and events including but not limits to the USAID, Asia Pacific and other national and International Meeting.
- Prepare the budget for programs and initiate the procurement process with the support of finance and operations of Compass Project.
- Support to developing the YCC work plan, quarterly and annual report, budget and other operation related activities.
- Liaison with the members of the other component including Finance, Human Resources and Procurement.
- Work closely with MEL and Communications teams to assess the impact of partnerships, training, and capacity building activities.
C. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
To be considered for the position, a candidate must meet the minimum qualifications listed below:
Education: A Bachelor or an equivalent degree in Education, Management, Development, Natural Resources Management, Psychology, International Affairs or related discipline.
Preferred: Master or an equivalent degree in Education, Management, Development, Natural Resources Management, Psychology, International Affairs or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of professional experience for working with youth in the classroom or other educational settings, at least 2-3 years as a trainer/instructor/facilitator - in youth development activities, especially with vulnerable or marginalized youth in Bangladesh are highly required.
- Proven experience on preparing training curriculum, module, session plan and learning materials are highly required.
- Experience of working on trainee management and residential capacity building programs in Bangladesh, preferably in the youth development, natural resource management and forestry fields.
- Prior experience of working with USAID or USG programs/projects will be preferred.
- Ability to manage residential program.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (Training Needs Assessments, plan, Participant mobilizations, Trainer mobilizations, Training of Trainers (ToT) facilitations, Training coordination, Monitor, Training Evaluations and Trainee Follow up).
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques.
- Ability to develop strong networks within the youth development, forestry, and natural resources sectors in Bangladesh.
- Hands-on experience of managing residential training events and extra curriculum activities.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and delivery tools.
- Innovation, creativity with willingness to learn, and ability to manage multiple tasks independently.
- Must have proven teamwork capacity with a demonstrated track record of working with diverse team.
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other means of learning.
- Excellent facilitation, consensus-building, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill.
- Demonstrated experience of working with a multi-cultural team.
- Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with youth.
- High proficiency in relevant computer applications e.g. MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS- PowerPoint, and basic internet browsing skill.
- Strong leadership skills and able to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work/ task.
- Knowledge on documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
- Ability to generates new ideas and proposes new and more effective ways of doing things.
- Ability and interest in learning new tools to make evidence-based operational decisions.
The incumbent must be proficient in spoken and written English at Level IV (fluent) and must likewise be fully fluent in spoken and written Bangla. English language skill will be tested.
D. BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES:
The benefits and allowances for this position would be in line with Compass policy and guidelines, commensurate with the experience, qualification and previous track-record of the successful applicant.
E. INSTRUCTION FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
Interested applicants are requested to properly fill in the application form available at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ppxaBoLN-xLsaSzx1OU8KydqYZEZgLjYV1MLl7VGCig/edit Applicant must have an active Gmail account to complete the application. In the application form, the interested applicants must provide accurate information to all required fields and attach the following documents listed below:
- A Cover Letter illustrating applicant's qualifications to meet the requirements for this position. Please use the following naming convention for your file: FirstName_LastName_CoverLetter. The cover letter must be attached either in MS word or in PDF file format.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) with full contact details, specific description of educational background, career experiences, and achievements. Please use the following naming convention for your file: FirstName_LastName_CV. The CV must be attached either in MS word or in PDF file format.
Write Your Opinion :